Cartoon Network is planning an out-of-this world fan experience for Comic-Con 2018 (July 19-22) with an overall immersive Steven Universe experience, an homage to Adventure Time, along with additional signings, panels and exclusive product offerings.
Inspired by the illustrious mythology of Steven Universe, this year’s booth (#3735) will greet fans with large, iconic figures of the Crystal Gems above a crystal landscape. A screen embedded in the crystal will show what’s waiting inside – the chance to be in an epic parallax scene with their favorite characters!
Fans can also pack their swag bags with SDCC-exclusive consumer products featuring characters from Steven Universe, Adventure Time and The Powerpuff Girls, created by key licensees in partnership with Cartoon Network.
Cartoon Network Panels
THURSDAY, JULY 19 | 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. | Horton Grand Theatre
SUPERHEROES OF BODY POSITIVITY: A CONVERSATION WITH STEVEN UNIVERSE’S REBECCA SUGAR AND FRIENDS – Calling all Crystal Gems! The Dove Self-Esteem Project and Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe have partnered to educate young people on body confidence through the Emmy-nominated hit series’ celebrated themes of inclusion and empowerment. Join Steven Universe creator Rebecca Sugar, Grammy winner Estelle (voice of Garnet) and experts from the Dove Self-Esteem Project for a conversation on the importance of body positivity in both the real and animated world.
FRIDAY, JULY 20 | 10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. | Hilton Bayfront Indigo Ballroom
ADVENTURE TIME — Cartoon Network invites you to come along with us to celebrate 10 seasons of this most mathematical show! We don’t want to spoil too many of the surprises but, we can promise you a live musical performance featuring some of your favorite tracks from the series along with special guests and an exclusive series finale trailer! Grab your homies and don’t miss this epic celebration before The Ultimate Adventure.
SATURDAY, JULY 21 | 10 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. | Hilton Bayfront Indigo Ballroom
STEVEN UNIVERSE — Did you hear that Cartoon Network is bringing Steven Universe back to Comic-Con? You’d better believe it! Estelle (Garnet), Michaela Dietz (Amethyst), Deedee Magno Hall (Pearl), Zach Callison (Steven) and the true Diamond Authority, series creator Rebecca Sugar will share insights about the show, epic announcements — and we’re pretty sure Rebecca is bringing her ukulele. Our future-vision tells us this is a panel you won’t want to miss!
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. | Room 25ABC
CARTOON NETWORK CREATORS: DRAWING ON INSPIRATION – Meet the creators of Cartoon Network’s most beloved and exciting new shows! This talented group of creative leaders will share why they were inspired to get into animation, highlights of their paths to becoming showrunners and insights on what it takes to bring stories to life. They’ll also reveal some exciting news about… well, you’ll have to come to find out! Join Matt Burnett and Ben Levin from Craig of the Creek, Daniel Chong from We Bare Bears, Diego Molano from Victor & Valentino and Julia Pott from Summer Camp Island, moderated by Ian Jones-Quartey from OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes.
Screenings and Special Events
THURSDAY, JULY 19 | 6 p.m. (Doors at 5:15 p.m.) | Manchester Grand Hyatt – Harbor Ballroom
THE HER UNIVERSE FASHION SHOW: CARTOON NETWORK JUNIOR DESIGNER SHOWCASE — The 5th annual Her Universe Fashion Show is a design competition where 24 designers compete with their original “geek couture” designs for the chance to win the ultimate prize – the opportunity to design a Her Universe fashion collection for Hot Topic. Cartoon Network has sponsored the junior designer contest, where youth ages 5-17 had the opportunity to submit designs inspired by The Powerpuff Girls in celebration of the 20th Anniversary. Four winners were chosen and they will reveal their designs during the Cartoon Network Junior Designer showcase during the Her Universe Fashion Show. Hosted by actress and Her Universe Founder, Ashley Eckstein.
SUNDAY, JULY 22 | 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Hilton Bayfront Indigo Ballroom
CARTOON NETWORK BEST SUMMER EVER COSTUME BALL – Kids, get ready for the Best Costume Ball Ever! Cartoon Network is throwing the hottest party of the season and we want you to join us. Kick off your flip flops, ditch the bathing suit and show off your chillest, most creative costumes. Oh and did we mention guest judges from some of your favorite Cartoon Network shows? We’ll play games, share exclusive never-before-seen clips and hand out some sizzling prizes. Parents, turn up the heat by getting in on the action with a family costume. Make your Best Summer Ever complete with a party you’ll remember all year long!
- Steven Universe Sketchbook (Insight Editions, Booth #3721) Let the colorful characters of Steven Universe inspire your creativity! Available as a limited-release early preview at SDCC, the sketchbook features an exclusive foreword from show creator Rebecca Sugar along with whimsical drawings from her and the show’s other artists.
- Steven Universe Zagwear Exclusive Plush (UCC Distributing, Inc., Booth #5610) Zagwear is premiering exclusive plushies featuring Lars of the Stars, Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, Pink Diamond, Sparkle Cookie Cat, Peridot, Night Lion and Sitting Pink Lion.
- Steven Universe Cookie Cat Original Print T-Shirt (For Fans By Fans, Booth #1316) The adorable tee in charcoal by illustrator Shelby Chin is an SDCC exclusive. ForFansByFans.com is a community that bridges the gap between fans, artists and the worlds that inspire them.
- Adventure Time 7” Vinyl (Mondo, Booth #435) Mondo is debuting a SDCC 2018 exclusive album featuring tracks “Friends Don’t Fight” (both with vocals and instrumental) and “Manlorette Party.” The vinyl cover artwork is custom created by artist JJ Harrison. Price: $12 +tax. Supply is limited!
- Adventure Time: Beginning of the End #1 (BOOM! Studios, Booth #2229) When Finn breaks a promise he can’t remember making, Chronologius Rex, the lord of Hours and All Time, confronts him. Journey with Finn and Jake as they work to save Finn before he is erased from every reality!
- Adventure Time Coloring Book (Dark Horse, Booth #2615) A SDCC 2018 exclusive early preview! Bring Finn and Jake’s adventures to life in this official coloring book, featuring 45 original images by various artists. Cartoon Network fans can also add color to their lives with a 59” x 59″ coloring wall featuring illustrations from the network’s longest running series Adventure Time and fan-favorite Steven Universe at the booth.
- The Powerpuff Girls Titan Glow-in-the-Dark 3” Figures 3-Pack (Titan Entertainment, Booth #5537) Titan’s first SDCC PPG exclusive! Celebrating 20 years of Cartoon Network’s The Powerpuff Girls, this set features Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup straight outta Townsville — ready for action with super glow-in-the-dark highlights.
FRIDAY, JULY 20
- ADVENTURE TIME 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. | AA02
- INSIGHT EDITIONS STEVEN UNIVERSE DELUXE HARDCOVER BLANK SKETCHBOOK: REBECCA SUGAR EDITION SIGNING WITH REBECCA SUGAR 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. | Insight Editions Booth #3721
SATURDAY, JULY 21
- STEVEN UNIVERSE 12:50 – 1:50 p.m. | AA06
- CARTOON NETWORK CREATORS: DRAWING ON INSPIRATION 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. | AA06